Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 12,582Gear list
Like?
Re: NX20: USer guide in English online
In reply to tecnoworld, May 7, 2012

tecnoworld wrote:

1) no focus peaking

I find the AMOLED to be about as good as using focus peaking on my NEX. However, it requires good light to be equivalent. The annoying thing about NEX implementation is that it is difficult to turn on and off and it adversely effects composition (hard to tell what your scene will look like when it is all glowing red yellow or white). I think Pentax K-01 did a better job by making it so you can turn it on and off with the press of a button.

This isn't a show stopper for me, but it is a feature that should be included in any mirrorless camera, and I think you will see companies start to do so.

2) no in body IS

I don't think this will ever change for NX.

3) no remapping of "record button"

Would be nice, forgot to look for that one.

4) no 1/8000 with "legacy lenses"

Would be nice.

5) no mechanical external shutter possible?

? Not sure what you mean by this, a lens shutter? Anyway, I like that you can use either electronic first curtain or mechanical first curtain.

6) confirmed 800x600 EVF. Will it be sequential? Anyway, suboptimal res, considering higher res EVFs are out since months.

Resolution is still higher than any rear LCD, so not terrible and definitely a nice step up. Who knows on the type. Will have to wait and see.

Overall a nice camera, with the above caveats, for me. I still keep my NX100 till: 1) NX20 is much cheaper or 2) NX1 is out with better sensor and EVF and possibly addressing the above points

The sensor on the NX20 is very good. Maybe not class leading, but definitely not bad. Improved JPEG would be nice for sake of reviews, but for RAW it is a huge step up from the NX100.

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow