ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AngshuArun
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Some query about DxO Optics Pro
May 7, 2012

Hello my dear photographers / photo enthusiasts / photo lovers

This is my first visit to this forum page as 'm less than a beginner in terms of post processing. Initial days - I never used any software for this - I used to rely on my D5100 (Nikon) 's in-built post processing to get JPEG images. After few months, I started using Lightroom (v3) - again not for processing, just for file management purposes. Then I realized the importance of proper post processing and started to explore slowly. Have to admit, at first I skilled how to make a good watermark like other immature fellas - which has nothing to do with a picture quality. Anyways, it was a brief intro.

Recently I was advised through another forum discussion of "dpreview" ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1034&message=41429907&changemode=1 ) to use DxO Pro to get rid of the softness of images for particular cam+lens combination.

So, I get the trial version of DxO and I found that it can do miracles with the images. Now here comes my problem:

I want to keep using Lightroom (updated to v4) as now 'm bit familiar with this,hence more preferred. Therefor, my desired workflow will be as following:
-> Import the files using Lightroom

-> Access the images using DxO and apply the DxO corrections to the imported RAW files; go back to Lightroom
-> Other post processing (whatever I wish) and exporting to JPEG using Lightroom

Is the above listed workflow possible? Does the corrections made by DxO are permanent to RAW files? Otherwise I dont get the corrected RAW files in Ligtroom (or any other software) for further use. I have seen that there is a tool in DxO to export the images to Lightroom - but that is not valid for RAW.

Please pass your wise words. If 'm making a mistake or missing something - please rectify me. Seeking your advises to explore more. Thank you very much :).
--
Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arun_angshu/

AngshuArun's gear list:AngshuArun's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow