Amazon UK D800 orders being reinstated!

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wolfgang1756
Regular MemberPosts: 205
Like?
Re: Amazon UK D800 orders being reinstated!
In reply to andy bp, May 7, 2012

I am also fed up of waiting for the D800.

To make things worse, I have now purchased four lenses for it as well (up from two just two weeks ago).

I was also considering the D700, but the mere 12MP puts me off. Just too low compared to the 36MP of the D800. Also D700 is outdated big time.

So now I am looking to get the D3200, which I hope to keep me going until Christmas when I finally get the D800. Let's face it guys, none of us are getting one before then!

The D3200 will suck at high ISO probably, but at least the high MP and pixel density will help in the learning curve to get the best out of the D800. And when the D800 arrives, the D3200 will be a good addition when I want extra reach with the tele lenses.

andy bp wrote:

Glyn Jennings wrote:

Also got an email from someone on behalf of C North and the latest one today. I was well pee'd off yesterday and even put my name down with John Lewis for a D700 for £1500 when they get stock having given up on the D800. The wait continues but at least both Amazon and Nikon are trying to resolve the issues with the high demand. Again thanks to people on the forum for keeping us all up to date.

Lol

I did the same thing. I was in John Lewis and asked for the d700. As he was checking for stock my phone buzzed with the email from amazon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow