Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CUSIN BRUCIE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,784Gear list
Like?
Some CoolPix Advice, The S8200 vs. the P810
May 7, 2012

I Have a Nikon D90 DSLR with 2 lenses. I'm going on a trip to a convention next week and want to take pictures whiel I'm there of course but the camera and lenses are a bit buly to take along with me on this trip.

I've been thinking of getting a compact point & shoot and don't want to spend a fortune. I've been looking at the Coolpix S8200 and P810. Both are about the same price ($249 at Newegg plus another 10% off until Thursday) The 810 is 16.1MP with a 23X Optical zoom and 720P for movie mode the 8200 also is 16.1MP but only 14X Optical zoom but is 1080P in movie mode but is much slimmer and can fit in a pocket. I'm undecided which to get and would like some advice. I do like some of the features and the more compact size of the 8200. So I was hoping to get some opinions on these 2 models or some others that you have experience with.

One of my D90 lenses is a 70-300mm zoom, I'd like a bit more reach with the Coolpix but it isn't a deal breaker. I'm wondering if the difference in the movie mode should be more important than the differnce of the lenses.

If there are any other models that might be better but not that much more expensive I'd like some input on that also.

Thanks
Bruce

CUSIN BRUCIE's gear list:CUSIN BRUCIE's gear list
Nikon D7100
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow