Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JordanAT
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
No HX-30V early models for reviewers?
May 7, 2012

Is it unusual for Sony not to send out cameras prior to release? There are HX-30Vs on the street, and the official launch date is this week (I think), but not a single hands-on review of the camera.

I've been keeping tabs, as my old Lumix ZS5 needs replacement, and I'm trying to determine whether I'll be getting the new Lumix (ZS19/20), the Sony, or falling back to the Canon SX260 (hate the pop-up flash). After the awful Panny sensor last year, and with some really good comparison shots that show poor detail in the ZS20 compared to the Canon, I'm leaning towards the Sony - but I'd really like to see some samples. Ideally, one-to-one comparison on identical material between the cameras like you get with the reviews.

For me, this is mostly a working camera, so it's going to be taking pictures in all kinds of lighting, but it has to do well in (essentially) pitch black areas, tight quarters, have good, sharp details (think of counting bolts, or seeing a loose nut, on a beam 50-60' away). Detail and low light performance matter. Oh, and it has to be durable enough to be dropped and dragged on occasion, and small enough to pocket if necessary.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow