Bigron (Tamron SP 300mm f2.8)

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,860Gear list
Like?
Re: Bigron (Tamron SP 300mm f2.8)
In reply to Darrell500, May 7, 2012

Darrell500 wrote:

So your the guy that outbid me . That is a beautiful lens, you might call it the 80's/90's version of the 300 2.8, check out Jim Flinchbaugh's gallery on fourthirdsdotcom, gorgeous photos.

I have seen some amazingly sharp pictures taken with this lens. I was really wanting a bigma but I think this far outshines the bigma if you nail focus, In fairness I have seen Collin and Greg get some pretty nice results from the bigma.
--
Have A Great Day!

Darrell

Greetings Darrel,

This was a private sale from a want add on the forums here. I have seen some of these go on ebay recently for good prices (and one that sold for $860 which I thought was high). I wish you the best of luck with acquiring your copy.

I'm looking forward to finishing my wood tripod to see if I can better nail focus and sharpness with a stable platform. I am guessing the learning curve is steeper with a lens like this than with a Bigma just because of the AF. And CA seems to be it's largest issue in certain lighting.

Best,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow