Windows tablet?

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Undah
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,296
Like?
Re: Windows tablet?
In reply to inframan, May 7, 2012

Thanks for the post.

Can you comment on things like photo viewing, navigation, pinch-zoom, etc? Those are what I like about the ipad.

Why am I looking for a windows tablet? Because it is soo frustratingly difficult to get my touched-up images from my laptop onto the ipad, in any kind of order. I want to be able to drag and drop, re-order, delete if desired (on the fly, not waiting to sync with itunes), and also to be able to use windows programs.

With this particular model, is there a fan on it? Does it fold into a protective unit with the keyboard?

inframan wrote:

I have both an iPad & an Acer Iconia W500 (NOT A500). I found the iPad hugely frustrating because I couldn't run any windows office applications & because of the silly limiting keyboard & the cumbersome iTunes interface..

The W500 runs windows 7 fine, has a better screen (imo) than the iPad & has a dockable keyboard if you want to use it as a netbook. I don't run Photoshop on it because of its limited memory & processor but the office suite runs fine. If I still had Elements I might try it.

Look up Acer Iconia W500 on Amazon. For ~$500 it's a fantastic bargain. Apple & Android apps (yes I have an Android smartphone too) are OK for games & e-reading but too frustratingly limited for me.

My wife likes the iPad fine. She mostly surfs, shops & networks w/friends.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow