5D3 is extremely sharp!

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Peter 13
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,301
Like?
Re: 5D3 is extremely sharp!
In reply to Jan from UK, May 7, 2012

Jan from UK wrote:

~ Oh dear. A forum plagued with galoots .. There are some decent people on this Canon forum that recognise that a GOOD camera contributes to a tool that can handle multiple tasks in it's stride, without any bother .. The stage where the photography was carried out was on a darkened and black set, with the only source of light being spotlights and continually flashing strobes. I had to time my shutter actuations to coincide with the light beams .. The subject was bouncing in and out of the spotlight beam... At that split second it may have been the intensity of dalight, then a split second later, blackness.. It'd perfectly obvious you are a static archair photographer. I suggest you get out and use your camera in the real world.. an intense beam of spotlight will burn a light hole in your subject. Try photographing the sun before sunset, and expose for the sun.. The rest of your photo will turn black. If you expose for that teeny patch of forehead where a spotlight shines, the rest of you picture will be massively under exposed .. This is a simple fact ~ but NOT for idiots to understand. ALL exposures are a compromise for balancing light. Some can cope with getting this balance right, many CANNOT. A stage is NOT a studio situation.

You do not know what you are talking about. You attempts to make it personal does not make you look smarter.

If I am the idiot, then what that makes you then? Even an idiot with a Rebel can take that picture, in 7 stop less light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow