D800 - Not much better then my D300s, what am I doing wrong?I received my D800 but th

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
peterohara
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: D800 - Not much better then my D300s, what am I doing wrong?I received my D800 bu
In reply to ukat123, May 7, 2012

ukat123 wrote:

what are we supposed to see on this stamp size image?

It looks to me that the D300 is more than enough for your needs as it will be less demanding. The 24-70 is a good lens, but very average on a D800.

I struggle to see why you have purchased a D800. Why not considering a Nikon J/V1? No disrespect but it is much cheaper, lighter and smaller to carry around and I am sure will fully satisfy you for the kind of photography you do.

Thanks for the input and no distrespect taken. At first I was wondering how would you know what kind of photography I do then I remembered that I posted these shots on a old site that I hadn't updated in quite a while. That is actually why I used this site as I don't keep it up to date and I never point anyone at it because I believe my work has progressed significantly thus the pursuit of the D800.

Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow