7D took a drop ----- Any idea what repair costs might be?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Loggedonnow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,678Gear list
Like?
7D took a drop ----- Any idea what repair costs might be?
May 7, 2012

Today I dropped my 7D in the parking lot from about 4 feet to the pavement. The camera hit on the back bottom left corner. It gouged the back by the delete button, the left side rubber covers, bottom left back corner and bottom left panel on the side.

Attached was a 24-105mm lens. It had a filter and lens cover on and only the side of the filter was scratched.

Unfortunately, the camera no longer works and gets an Error 20 if you try to take a picture.

Not sure what was damaged but at the very least, the camera and lens have to be sent in for repair. Even if the lens is not damage, I would still want it to be recalibrated after the shot it took. Plus I would want the cosmetic damage on the camera body fixed as well.

Just trying to get a really rough estimate. Assuming there is a major repair to be done in the camera or lens, plus the recalibration of both, plus the repair of the damage to the body, what do you think I am look at in costs? Also, what is an average turn around for the repairs?

Missed my nephew's college graduation because of this!!!!

Loggedonnow's gear list:Loggedonnow's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 340
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow