How important is image stabilization, indoors without flash

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,409Gear list
Like?
Re: You have opened 3 threads and now it is confusing.....
In reply to penguy, May 7, 2012

penguy wrote:

Thankfully I wont need to chose another wife....but cameras, I can buy and if I dont like can return it.........

Yup. Dem wives don't come with a satisfaction guarantee, suitability for use fair business terms. Zip. Nada. And the maintenance. Whoa!

anyways, I was asking about stabilization to compensate for camera shake. moving subject is a different matter, I suppose. I was thinking about an 50mm F/1.8 lens as well with the sony A57.

You are asking an open ended question. Thus you will get an open ended response.

IS depends on light level in the room. If you have enough light, then your ISO + f/no per focal length will be enough for general purposes. That is IF you use the lens at f/1.8 - which may not happen if you set the camera to green AUTO. At f/1.8, the depth of field of the 50 will be shallower than the 35 and for general cheesy photos, you may not get enough sharpness across the scene. Also, as I explained in some thread, the 50 will force your back against the wall as it is too magnified.

You are not comparing apples to apples, you are not making an closed ended question so the decision to go one way or another will not be resolved in your head.

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow