Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mra1948812
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
A57!!!!
May 6, 2012

Well, yesterday I finally took the plunge and went to the local Best Buy and picked up an A57 and the kit lens (I'll be getting some Zeiss glass later). OMG, I was more than pleased with this camera after using a Leica DG2, a Sony HX100v, and a Fuji Xpro-1 (only a short while before sent it back because of focusing shortcomings). Because of what I've shot recently the viewfinder is a very pleasant change for me and the auto focus speed is amazing! I do wish it had an integral auto focus assist lamp but so far it has focused well even in low light and I haven't missed it. The sensor in this baby is wonderful and produces good results even with the kit lens. I found that if I dialed in about -1/3 to 2/3 exposure comp. the jepg files look nice and saturated and sharp. To my surprise even shots taken indoors at ISO3200 looked pleasing and still sharp! Now, all I have to do is remember where I stored my old "beercan" from film days and try out some sport shots at 10-12 frames per second. I'm very pleased with the image quality of this camera and with Sony's innovations it makes it all kinds of fun to use! Cheers and good shooting, Joe

mra1948812's gear list:mra1948812's gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow