Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 26,224
Like?
Re: 'Pro' E-M7?
In reply to mfbernstein, May 6, 2012

mfbernstein wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

He's saying it's not pro spec so that they can throw in an E-M7 with higher spec if the E-M5 goes OK. Remember OM-D is a series of cameras, as usual, they release the middle one first.

I guess that's possible, but I'm sort of skeptical. What can they add that will get people to pony up an additional $500 or so? Clearly the sensor would need to be the same, unless they've found a magical new source (unlikely, not to mention expensive in R&D) the traditional 'pro' feature of weather-sealing is already covered. Would a slightly larger body and an integrated grip attract many takers?

Considering that the Pen line has to be refreshed by the end of the summer, and the fact that the E-M5 supply is still vastly exceeded by demand, I guess they have some time to think about it though...

The EM-5 is really a 4 FPS camera (no VF or AF above that, so the 9FPS is no good for action photography). I guess with some extra systems they could get to 9FPS fully functional - that would maybe be worth the extra.
--
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow