Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PatrickNSF
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Replicating "zone focusing" from the A77
May 6, 2012

I'm using an A77 and an NEX-7. Is there any way to replicate "zone focusing" from the A77 on the NEX? I have 3 zones set up on the A77, which are groups of focus points on the left, middle and right portions of the frame. I use the joystick to select the zone, and keep face detection on. It works pretty well.

The closest I can come to replicating this on the NEX is to use flexible spot, but it seems I always need to affirmatively enact that mode to enable the ability to move the focus point (which seems like an extra step). Is there a way to turn on the NEX and have one of the navigation buttons move the focus spot without taking the additional step of entering this mode? Also, is there a way to group focus points in zones, as you can with the A77? Finally, is there a way to enable face detection when using flexible spot focusing?

Thanks for your input.

PatrickNSF's gear list:PatrickNSF's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a77 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +5 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow