Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timj351
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?
Thoughts and pics from FZ150
May 6, 2012

Well I've had a couple weeks to spend with this camera and my impressions are very positive. I still have much more to learn to use it more effectively but I'm already getting shots that I am happy with. This camera is very capable and I feel like I can, at least, get a decent shot in any situation even if they are not all pixel-perfect. Being able to shoot in raw is great to really get the most out of the images but I also feel that the jpegs are perfectly fine for things like burst shooting. In another post I made some negative comments about the viewfinder and using some of the buttons and menu selections but none of these things are preventing me from getting the shots I want which is really the most important thing. Except for maybe the zoom speed being slower than manual zoom. I understand the positive things about a smooth electronic zoom, however, so I am learning to adjust to it and just slow down a bit when shooting. Because the FZ150 feels and acts like a DSLR in many ways it is still a P&S, albeit a very advanced one. I'm learning to be a little more methodical in shooting with this camera instead of trying to shoot everything I see in a hurried fashion just because it is a 'do-it-all' type of camera.

One question I have that is puzzling me is what does the menu setting 'Play on LCD' do? I can't see that it does anything on my camera whether it is 'On' or 'Off'. I thought it should show a review shot on the rear LCD even when you are using the EVF but it doesn't. I sure wish it would because that would be very convenient. Maybe that feature is broken on my camera.

I'm using this camera much like I do my DSLR normally in the PASM modes and in raw so I don't have much to say about the other Intelligent modes or video but I'm sure they work just fine especially in adding a lot of convenience and versatility to the camera. It's a camera that virtually anyone can use to get nice shots.

I'll finish by saying that I am so glad I am not a pro photographer because with this camera I can just enjoy shooting and getting every kind of picture I want without worrying whether it is perfect at an absolute pixel level. The beauty of what I have discovered though is that most shots I take with the FZ150 shot in raw with a little PP can hold up well in almost any application. So as you can tell I am very happy with this camera.

Here's a few randow shots:

Tim

Timj351's gear list:Timj351's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow