Who needs a D800?…….Cold & wet in Norwich!

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Canaryfan
Regular MemberPosts: 467
Like?
Who needs a D800?…….Cold & wet in Norwich!
May 6, 2012

I lived & worked in Norwich for four very happy years between 1979 & 1983 & am considering retirement there in three years or so.

I went back last weekend for only the second time since leaving to see my football team play at home for the first time since 1983.

The weather was dreadful, very cold & wet all the time & extremely grey. Well, this is the UK just two days before May!

I only had four hours in Norwich on Sunday Morning to grab some shots before getting the flight home. I also had a non-photographic friend in tow to show the sites so the my shots were very much of the 'press the shutter & hope variety'.

My D300 was too much kit to take on the flight so my P6000 was pressed into service.

I have printed all the shots below at A4 size & I strongly suspect that my D300 or a D800 would not have produced better results given all the circumstances. They were all processed from RAW using Photoshop CS6, ACR 7 & (hopefully), a light touch of Nik ColorEfex 4.

The shots are self-explanatory except for the Westlegate House ones. I took these because my wife worked in this tower 30 years ago & it has become a famous eyesore in the city since being closed & left empty for the past 15 years. Work has only just commenced on a multi-million pound refit which should see it becoming a building for Norwich to become proud, rather than ashamed of.

Hope the images are of interest & C & C is always welcome.

Nikon Coolpix P6000 Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow