Nikon is killing the local shops!

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
lanef
Forum ProPosts: 10,317
Like?
Re: Nikon is killing the local shops!
In reply to dylanear, May 6, 2012

dylanear wrote:

Last week I declined a D800 sitting on the counter in front of me. NOT because the dealer wanted $200 over list price, but because they said I could not return the camera for ANY reason. Turn it on for the first time and it catches on fire? My problem, dealer won't do anything for me. I got to another dealer in town minutes later and I tell them the story at the other dealer and they say, "Oh we're the same, if you return it what are supposed to do with broken camera?" I thought that was the most outrageous statement! Return it to Nikon for a refund or a camera that works perhaps?! So today I'm calling a few more dealers in other cities and I tell that experience to them and they again say, "Same here" I ask them how in the universe they think that's fair and why would anyone buy from a local shop if there are 30 day no questions asked returns from internet shops and even Best Buy. This dealer took the time to talk to me and tell me their perspective. They say Nikon will not take back returns, unless it's been determined to be a factory defect and the dealer said many times that's not agreed upon between dealers and Nikon.

Maybe that's why Amazon UK said "discontinued?"

So with Nikon not acknowledging the AF issue on the D800, the dealers are understandingly nervous about getting stuck with a camera.

I'd think Nikon would want to support local shops with excellent return policies. The one reason I'd prefer a local shop is A: I can try the camera first, B: I can return it directly and instantly if there is an initial problem with it. BUT, it seems neither are an option at any camera store I've found in New Mexico.

Come on Nikon! Give small shops support, so they can support me!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow