Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Did Nikon make an EPIC BLUNDER?
In reply to Peter Jonas, May 6, 2012

Peter Jonas wrote:

IcyVeins wrote:

... Which means, the D3200 is A HUGE F-ING WASTE OF A CAMERA! It is my conclusion that anyone who buys the D3200 is a) ignorant, b) a sucker, or c) really wanted a shiny red DSLR.

I wonder why you take this so personally.

I think there will be enough people to buy the D3200 to make Nikon happy. And they won't worry too much if those cameras were bought for a), b) or c) reasons.

I hope getting all of that off your chest did make you feel better.

Take it easy and have a nice day.

Very close to a perfect response to the OP. Nice job. I too am a bit surprised at the number of people who seem to be so upset that Nikon put a new high resolution sensor in a low end DSLR. They act like it is some sort of personal affront to them. LOL. I think the reason for it is simple: Nikon thinks it will make these cameras sell like crazy and they will pick up many new users. I think they are right and that it was a brilliant move. Before long the D7000 and the D5100 will get upgrades and then the line will all fit together nicely. In the mean time, we have this low end, light weight camera at a bargain price that will take superb low ISO images, and fairly competitive higher ISO ones too. That's hardly anything to get all worked up and negative about.

Another funny thing is that if Nikon had started out putting this exact same sensor into the D7000 replacement most people would have been quite happy about it. Then if it had later trickled down to the D5200 and then the D3200 few would have complained. However, Nikon switched things up a bit this time and some folks are all upset.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow