Who Truly Trusts 'Weather Sealing'?

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,853Gear list
Like?
Other factors....
In reply to whoodle, May 6, 2012

Where you live is really a factor in how you view weather sealing. If I still lived in Portland... well. I'd never touch a camera or get exercise for 6 months of the year if I didn't go out in the rain.

Don't forget the dust buster too. Also not hype and part of the Olympus solution to environmental hazards that a system camera owner faces. These things have been in place for almost a decade and tested by users from around the globe. It's not like this is new to the OM-D.

What are these things worth? That's a matter of personal preference. To me they are worth any extra cost, but honestly, I don't see the OM-D as being considerably more expensive because of these things. It's a couple hundred dollars more than the E-P3 and it's not like it's just because of the weather sealing. Consider that it has the EVF, 5-axis stabilization, faster frame rate, better IQ, option to add a grip,..... It's packed with the freshest technology and the IQ is brilliant.

I think some people complain about features they don't value as if Olympus is ripping them off by including them. How many times have we heard "if I wanted video, I'd by a video camera bla bla bla..." as if the presence of video recording is causing huge pricehikes or reduced functionality for "serious photographers." In my opinion, that's just tunnel vision.

Cheers,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow