Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
The Smoking Camera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
Re: Street Shots with the Fuji 18mm lens
In reply to Ray Sachs, May 6, 2012

Ray Sachs wrote:

The Smoking Camera wrote:

Thanks Ray. The shot of the people on the bench could only be taken with a few cameras because of low light and the need for unobtrusiveness. Your honest critique is most welcome.

Hey Joe - just stumbled onto some of your 35mm shots over on GetDPI that I hadn't seen here - may have just missed them for whatever reason. But they were INCREDIBLE - just wonderful street shooting. I've always been a wider angle kind of street shooter and have never gotten comfortable with even a neutral 50ish lens, but that really seems to be your sweet spot. Your 60mm and these 18mm shots are very very good, but those 35 - WOW! Anyway, just wanted to mention that - if those shots are around over here too, my apologies for just not seeing them. Great stuff.

I'm gonna have to start spending time on that site - seems pretty civilized!

Thanks Ray, I really like the x100 and the 23mm lens (35 equivalent). With the xp1, I really enjoy the 35/1.4. Finding it to be quite versatile and the images, particularly wide open, are superb. I always enjoy looking for that unique look and the xp1 combined with the 35 certainly does the trick. GetDPI is a great site and glad your stumbled upon it. Keep up your great work as well.

Joe
http://www.thesmokingcamera.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow