I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
Re: I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.
In reply to Cyclopedia Brown, May 6, 2012

But look most of retailers choose to have internet shop as opposite to real store. Soon you won't be able to try anything.

Cyclopedia Brown wrote:

Ray Sachs wrote:

...These policies work for me. They clearly work for the retailers too. If they stop working for the retailers, they'll change them. In the meantime, I find nothing immoral about using them as intended. These policies are very clear and are there for everyone's benefit. If you don't choose to take advantage of these policies, that's fine and I certainly wouldn't condemn you but I don't consider you "extra-moral" either. They're there for a reason and they tend to work as desired.

Perhaps my point of view is one that is coming from the mom & Pop type of seller that I was when I was powerselling on Ebay. A return of this nature would have put me back a bit. But, for huge companies like Amazon and B&H this is acceptable. And for them I guess these things make sense in the long run.

I have been buying large pieces of equipment from Amazon for many many years. I assume they will do anything to keep me happy.

Moreover, my thoughts against returning cameras could also be looked at from a consumers point of view. If a camera and it's lenses are in limited supply, much like the X100 was, it is upsetting when you are waiting for a camera and some else buys it to return it while you are still waiting.

Either way, I respect your way of thinking Ray. If there is ever a time when I return something because I simply don't like it I will remember this discussion. Hope that day never comes though and it definitely is not the case for the X-Pro1!

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Cyclopedia Creative Media
"Ideas that speak volumes"
Chi "Cyclopedia" Brown
http://CyclopediaCreativeMedia.com

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow