I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,568Gear list
Like?
Re: I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.
In reply to linusto, May 6, 2012

I like henrys too. Returned few cameras, bought 10x more over time from them.

linusto wrote:

+1. This is ridiculous. 'abstentacious', who is to say that Amazon doesn't check the returned cameras for number of shots taken. Do you know for a fact that they don't? Perhaps they are generally comfortable with the way most camera customers try the gear within a short period of time, irrespective of number of clicks within reason. Their concept of reason and definition of 'several' might be very different than yours or mine. I, like Ray Sachs and others on this forum, essentially govern myself by how Amazon responds. I'm not gaming the system. I buy with the intent to keep unless I am not satisfied with the product. Henry's, the major camera gear store here in Canada, has essentially the same policy. They examine the returned gear and it has to be spotless for full money back return. I have purchased from them almost exclusively because of their policy, in effect becoming a loyal, long term purchaser. It's a relationship that develops over time that a successful retailer is looking to covet. Perhaps this is what Amazon's gracious return policy is all about. And it must be working for them. What few 'true abusers' there are must be in the absolute minority. Abuse of this system in my mind is when someone buys with no intention to keep, ie. in effect renting for free. This is unethical. So, really, those who want to criticize us, please get off your high horse and find a true moral cause to take up. I'll respect you more if you do.

Kai Griffin wrote:

snapper1967 wrote:

absentaneous wrote:

I guess you can't read: their opinion is "However, this doesn't means that you can use the camera for several times and the return for a refund. The item to be return must be in a new condition or else you'll be issued partial refund." you surely don't follow that. maybe you didn't know it but now you do. and as I wrote previously the fact that they probably don't have the time or interest to check out the actually uses of cameras doesn't mean you can abuse their policy. well, unless your morals works like: "all is ok as long as I don't get caught doing something wrong".

I really hate busy bodies like you. Get a life and stop worrying about what other people do. So sad this is all you have time for!

Absolutely right. "absentaneous", you're just being a nosy busy-body, like an old spinster aunt who stares out the screen door all day wearing a bathroom and hair-curlers, bitching about everyone that passes by. For heaven's sake, change into a frock and get out of the house!

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow