Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,769Gear list
Like?
Mr. itchhh's version of history vs Reality
In reply to itchhh, May 6, 2012

itchhh wrote:

I'm done. Later

Yes, Im sure you are...

Here is what YOU * wrote about Kennedy....

President John F. Kennedy

In 1963 Kennedy issued Executive Order 1110 which rescinded the authority of the Federal Reserve to issue paper money. Kennedy ordered the Treasure to issue debt free money aka Silver certificates

"...to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury."
-President John F. Kennedy, Executive Order 1110 1963

In all $4.6 Billion notes were released into circulation. Kennedy was shot dead in November 1963

Here is reality:

I again urge a revision in our silver policy to reflect the status of silver as a metal for which there is an expanding industrial demand. Except for its use in coins, silver serves no useful monetary function.

In 1961, at my direction, sales of silver were suspended by the Secretary of the Treasury. As further steps, I recommend repeal of those Acts that oblige the Treasury to support the price of silver; and repeal of the special 50-percent tax on transfers of interest in silver and authorization for the Federal Reserve System to issue notes in denominations of $1, so as to make possible the gradual withdrawal of silver certificates from circulation and the use of the silver thus released for coinage purposes. I urge the Congress to take prompt action on these recommended changes.
John F. Kennedy

The House of Representatives took up the President's request early in 1963,[4] and passed HR 5389 on April 10, 1963, by a vote of 251 to 122.[5][6] The Senate passed the bill on May 23, by a vote of 68 to 10.[7][8]

President Kennedy signed the bill into law on June 4, 1963 and also signed an executive order (11110) authorizing the Treasury Secretary to continue printing silver certificates during the transition period.[9][10] The act, which became Public Law 88-36 (77 Stat. 54), repealed the Silver Purchase Act of 1934 and related laws, repealed a tax on silver transfers, and authorized the Federal Reserve to issue one- and two-dollar bills, in addition to the notes they were already issuing.[11] The Silver Purchase Act had authorized and required the Secretary Treasury to buy silver and issue silver certificates. With its repeal, the President needed to delegate to the Treasury Secretary the President's own authority under the Agricultural Adjustment Act.[12]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow