Handled the x pro 1 today

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
CriticalI
Senior MemberPosts: 1,777
Like?
Re: Handled the x pro 1 today
In reply to DonSantos, May 5, 2012

DonSantos wrote:

Yeah most responses are either personal attacks or about image quality. I made no comments of image quality just build quality and feel.

And why exactly should anyone care what you think?

Frederico70x7 wrote:

The first time I handled an X-Pro 1 with 35/1.4, they gave me exact feeling that they are both "plasticky".

I don't own any M4/3's but old fashioned rangefinders, e.g. Leica M6, Kodak Retina, Rollei 35SE (not really a true rangefinder) and a whole bunch of 60/70/80 metal bodied cameras. The latest electronic rangefinder-styled cameras I have are Contax G2 and Fuji X-100.

Although things now are not made the same way they did in last century or it's unfair to compare against Leica. But for the price, finish quality of X-Pro 1 is not comparable to G2 and X-100. So after handling the X-Pro 1 I bought the X-100, which is also a relatively light camera. Many cameras/lenses can give the same quality images if you have good skills. I choose camera based on "feel" or "bonding".m

If only Fuji introduces a new body in X-100 quality and in sliver, I'll pick it up in a second.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow