Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MonteCarlo67
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
7D peripheral correction with Tokina 12-24mm II lens
May 5, 2012

I just noticed that when I have my Tokina 12-24mm f/4 II lens on my 7D it says in the "peripheral correction" setting that lens data is available. I was under the impression that only Canon brand lenses have this information available. I hooked the camera up to the computer and used the EOS Utility to see what lenses are listed and it does not show up. Has anyone else noticed this with third party lenses? For what it's worth, I attached my only other third party lens (Sigma 18-50mm f2.8-4) and it says there is no information available. Could it be that the camera thinks a certain Canon lens (maybe the 17-40mm or 10-22mm) is attached? Sorry if this has been covered before but I tried a search and found nothing on this.

MonteCarlo67's gear list:MonteCarlo67's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +1 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow