ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 174
Like?
New Ep-3 owner - pics - CC...
May 5, 2012

HI everyone,

while eveyrone is out buying the em-5, I've gone and got me an ep-3. This is my first m43 camera. It might sound silly but I moved from apsc to m43, and I've been keeping an eye on olympus for a while. Found a very good condition used one with the 14-42, and bought that along with the 45 1.8. Reason to move from nikon/fuji/canon/nex...

1. too much weight to carry around. I was very happy with the x100, but I needed and missed a zoom on many occassions, and while I adapted with the focusing lag an other issues, I still felt the need to zoom in at times. Nex, could not get along with the body despite of trying hard, the lenses i mounted with an adapter were just too heavy for the body...

2. m43 has come a long way now - lenses like the oly 12mm, 45 and panasonic 20mm are very nice, and give exceptional results.

3. I sold most of my gear to fund a vehicle, and all I had left was enought for the ep-3 (else it would've been the em-5)

So my first attempt at the ep-3, my son has been my subject for all cameras I've been through the last 2 years, and still continues to be.

Kindly let me know what you think - any tips for a 1st timer into m43 would be appreciated.
Thank you for viewing.
BTW the grainy B&W filter rocks!
All shot in RAW & Jpeg. Some were processed in LR4, some are straight OOC Jpeg.

Regards
IM

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow