Tools To Get Me Started?

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
RussJames
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Re: Tools To Get Me Started?
In reply to Klaus dk, May 5, 2012

@Klaus... There are so many styles, I'd really like to indulge myself in as many as possible, so, things like Landscape, a little wildlife, some sports and concert, lowlight, a little studio, portrait and street, Ill eventually want to try some time lapse, and probably quite a bit of video. Remember, I'm just getting started in Photography so I'm looking to try as many styles as possible.

I only ordered the 50mm 1.8 but I'm looking to purchase a Wide-angle and a telephoto sometime in the next couple weeks. Suggestions will be helpful... So far for wide angle's - Sigma 8-16mm (widest) 10-20mm 3.5 or 4-5.6 (cheapest), Tokina 11-16 (best imo), or the Canon 10-22 (most expensive). And I don't know many different types of telephotos but I'm looking to spend less than $400 or I'll just wait on one.

I will eventually need a flash, but I know very little about the different kinds. Suggestions?

I have about $1,000 to spend on a WA, telephoto, and accessories. So not much lol.

Why the tripod? To keep my camera steady... Almost every style requires a tripod at some point (e.g., low light, landscape, portrait, time lapse, etc.) And I'd prefer swivel head for video...

I appreciate any responses. Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow