Will liveview be fixed for the d800?

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
moonpeep
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Re: Will liveview be fixed for the d800?
In reply to ukat123, May 5, 2012

ukat123 wrote:

moonpeep wrote:

D800 would be killer for landscape use but not without this essential feature. I had just assumed that it worked like canons... but apparently it's not easy to tell whether or not you're in focus. (the whole point, for me)

???Really???
Serious???
I wonder who has put that kind of idea in your head.

The camera is perfect in live view. Live view works perfectly and the combination live view + mirror lock up makes amazingly sharp and contrasty images.

(when you want to check the LCD, you should stop the zooming at 100% though and not 200% to see a clear image like some people apparently do)

Well of course you can take great photos with the camera. The ease of such is what I'm calling in question. There are many situations in which I need to achieve critical focus. Liveview is the best way I've seen to do this with DSLRs of today. You're allowed to zoom in 5x-10x and tweak focus to achieve "critical focus." So I consider this a very important feature for modern day DSLRs.

That's what I want to be able to do.

Per videos and peoples explanation it seems the d800 has issues with this. I wish I could play with one to see how exactly it behaves... but I don't have such a luxury with a 3000 dollar camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow