A laugh out loud Ken Rockwell moment, and a serious question

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeweller
Contributing MemberPosts: 915
Like?
Re: A laugh out loud Ken Rockwell moment, and a serious question
In reply to David H Dennis, May 5, 2012

What you write makes very little sense.

What do these statements really mean? "My style of photography is essentially impossible using film, and like most people I think everyone's style is like my own.

The best way of looking at this is that digital empowers new and different kinds of photography. Essentially, if we want, we can all shoot like photojournalists instead of snapshooters."

Please post some examples of your photography or a link to you site where we can see some of your photography which is

"essentially impossible using film". Is what you shoot really that different from anything that has ever been shot with film. Please post samples. I'd really like to see your work.

David H Dennis wrote:

This is quite interesting! My style of photography is essentially impossible using film, and like most people I think everyone's style is like my own.

The best way of looking at this is that digital empowers new and different kinds of photography. Essentially, if we want, we can all shoot like photojournalists instead of snapshooters.

If your material is photojournalistic in style, as mine is, you're going to love digital and it's going to be more fulfilling than the old ways of making every shot count. And you will get your money's worth out of your camera, even if it's as expensive as a D4 with a suite of fancy lenses.

My mother bought a digital camera some years back, and shot maybe 100 pictures with it. She paid $600-odd for it, so I think we can say she will never get her money's worth out of it, and should have stuck with film.

She should have listened to Ken Rockwell! But I don't think she was ever interested enough in photography to find his site ....

D

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow