Frogssssss, with K-01, handheld (3 picsss)

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,344Gear list
Like?
Frogssssss, with K-01, handheld (3 picsss)
May 5, 2012

Finally warmer weather and the frogs are out for good now

This morning i went to my favorite pond for green frogs and there were about 15 of them, time to test the K-01!

All 3 shots were taken handheld, i found a technique to shoot at water level, because at that pond i'm about 6 inches above the water surface and with my K20D i was never able to shoot at water level because i couldn't see in the VF.

With the K-01 i hold it like a DSLR with my left hand under the lens and the right hand for the shutter button. I lower the camera until i feel the water on the back of my left hand ... now i'm at water level... i press the shutter with my right thumb since it's easier than with my finger because of my position (lying flat on the shore of the pond).

I was able to take sharp shots even with my harms farther away above the water surface, thanx to the great High ISO and SR, peaking was very helpful and accurate as usual.

All with DFA 100mm Macro WR and handheld with SR.

1. 1: ISO 1250, 1/125 sec, at f/7.1

If you look carefully you will see that this frog have a little friend on her nose !

1. 2: ISO 1600, 1/320 sec. at f/7.1

1. 3: ISO 1600, 1/200 sec. at f/7.1

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wsu1New
wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow