Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 12,213Gear list
Like?
I listened to you. Now what?
May 5, 2012

You pretty much convinced me that my entrance into the world of m4/3rds, with the gear that I've chosen, might not have been the best. My gear? G1, 14042, 45-200, and a couple of prime Canon FD lenses w/adapter. It's not delivering the IQ I was hoping for, and you pretty much agreed. I almost decided to bale on the whole m4/3rds scene, but am having second thoughts. Unfortunately for you folks, here comes another question.

I figure that my existing MFT gear is worth $400-$500; probably closer to the lower amount. Agree ot not? If not, what then? At the bare minimum, I think I need a MFT system with a single lens for general (walkaround) photography right now. So, if I were to sell my current gear, what camera and lens would be a good replacement for me? I MUST keep within the confines of what I can sell my current gear for.

And finally, the whole objective of all this is to remain with a minimal MFT system, with BETTER quality than I currently have. Can this be done, or not? If not, I might sell out and get a wide to standard lens for my DSLR. But I'd really like the MFT option to work out.

BobT's gear list:BobT's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 550D Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
EwwNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow