How Canon's competition missed the mark, can we discuss this?

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
aryking
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Re: How Canon's competition missed the mark, can we discuss this?
In reply to John, May 5, 2012

tonywong and carlk (and others) would do well to take note of this post by someone who actually has both cameras and realworld experience of them. IMO more value in this than comparing specifications.

John wrote:

I have a D800 and a 5D Mark III. I bought the 5D Mark III kind of on a whim because I liked the Mark II. Being a long time Nikon user I was really excited by the D800... After well over a month I find myself using the D800 less and less. I really don't see any significant resolution difference for my prints which pretty much don't exceed what my Epson 7700 is capable of printing.. The result from the 5D Mark III are overall more pleasing, sharper, and better focused. I had always had trouble with Canons 1D series and focusing and Nikon had been superior particularly moving subjects. Surprisingly the Canon focusing system seems to be better than the D800 and also in some situations better than the D4.. Given the difference in fps it is startling how much 2 fps makes in stop action multiple shots. Annoyances like the bad batteries and locking up of both Nikon cameras really have no impact on conclusion to use the Mark III more. The problem with the light leak in the Mark III is really a so what in my book (especially compared to past Canon dead in the water problems)... Also the Mark III feels better built and handles better than the D800... So from a giant anticipation of the D800 and a ho hum expectation of the Mark III, I must admit for me the D800 is a big miss and the Mark III is a dead on hit...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow