Getting Over The Hump ...

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
MAubrey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,451Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting Over The Hump ...
In reply to Detail Man, May 5, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

... I see no discussion whatsoever regarding what DPReview has reported to be the seeming relative ineffectivenes of the much anticipated additional 2 axes of linear-motion compensatory image-stabilization in the only application where such a thing is necessary and relevant - that is, when shooting close-up to the plane-of-focus. A tupence for any objective nonraving thoughts

Considering that many people are still waiting for their EM5's. I think there is a good explanation for this:

Those who regularly shoot macro are a small subset of EM5 owners and those who shoot macro without a tripod are an even smaller subset of EM5 owners.

I'm hoping that mine will be shipped relatively soon, though unlike many, I'm not in a particular hurry. As long as it arrives before summer ends, I'll be content. With that said, I would be interested in testing this. Though I'm not even sure how such a thing could be done "objectively."
--
--Mike

MAubrey's gear list:MAubrey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow