DPP converted 5D mark II huge DR!!!!!

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hans Kruse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,060
Like?
Re: DPP converted 5D mark II huge DR!!!!! Stop spreading MYTHS
In reply to Mikael Risedal, May 5, 2012

Mikael Risedal wrote:

Optimally? Either you are blowing one or more channels or not and its depends on how careful you are when it comes to true color estimation in the high lights.

Optimally means ETTR.

If you want true color estimation then the DR plays an important role depending on how big range the subject has.= low read out noise= 14 stops from Nikon and 11 from Canon.

I said that the Canon ahs enough DR for most scenes.

Stop spreading myths and defend Canon all the time. Get yourself a Nikon and try it.

Whether raw converters have different good estimatmations regarding colors there can never be a colors as good from the camera who has 14 stops of DR compared to 11 stops and in a scene with wide contrast range. It is physically impossible

In fact I find that you are spreading myths by constantly posting the same about Canon and Nikons. It's getting a bit tiring with these statements. I do not deny that Nikon has a higher measured DR than Canon sensors at the moment, what is useful is to put this in perspective. Without this these numbers are fairly meaningless.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow