Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 27,809
Like?
Re: minority view?
In reply to jrtrent, May 5, 2012

jrtrent wrote:

Pompous Moronox wrote:

The author thinks that ISO is part of the exposure, which it is not, an how ISO speed controls sensors sensitivity to light, which it doesn't...

Taking a minority opinion doesn't make you wrong, but it does make it hard for many to take you seriously.

That is one reason for challenging the erroneous sources that seem to form the 'majority opinion'. Of course, whether or not it is a 'majority' depends on which community you are talking about.

At least based on the books on my shelves, I have a feeling that most books, articles, photography classes, etc., would take the same position as Cambridge in Color.

That's a feeling, care to back it up with some evidence. Few of the books and articles that I have support Sean McHugh's position, but that is perhaps because I stick to books from authors with some authority in their subject.

Dannybgoode asked bobn2 for some reading that takes a different viewpoint,

no he didn't he just asked for recommendations.

but I didn't see anything specific in his reply. Do you have an author or two to point us towards?

Focal press Manual of Photography is always a good start. An oldie but a goodie.
--
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow