Jewelery pictures

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
yvind Strm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,129
Like?
Re: Jewelery pictures
In reply to Xinia, May 5, 2012

Xinia

Jewelry photos is tricky. There are challenging materials and shapes.

Camera might not be very advanced, but you sure need to know how to use it. A borrowed camera, and little knowledge about technical aspects, does not seem to be the best starting point.

If you need the pictures for a website where you are selling jewelry, you need to consider what the quality of the pictures will mean for your sales figures.

You can read all the guides in the world on jewelry photo, but what counts is experimenting and experience, and getting to know YOUR equipment. And taking tons of pictures. And MASTER post processing.

Decide if it is more important to save a some bucks doing it your self, than having good pictures that helps selling your goods.

Hvor i Danmark bor du?

Xinia wrote:

I'm trying to take pictures off some jewelery. With my current camera they either have too much light, or get very blurry.

I was wondering what kind of camera is needed to take this type of pictures. Do I really need to spend a fortune on a camera to get good sharp pictures?

My setup is that I put the jewelery on a black glass surface, and a black background.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow