5D2 rather than 5D3?

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: 5D3 ithout question
In reply to Rick Knepper, May 5, 2012

Oh, and the price is more than a $1k difference. Got my refurbished 5D2 from Canon USA with CLP discount for $1500 shipped, so the difference is more like $2000. Camara came with 90 day warranty and 185 clicks on the shutter.

Rick Knepper wrote:

The 5D3 has the 1D X AF system and double the frame rate of the 5D2. Should also be a big improvement over the 7D AF - not to mention the inclusion of many new and updated features. No brainer for an extra $1k IMO.

AF744 wrote:

Like many, I have been waiting for the EOS 5D Mark III to be release to upgrade from my current EOS 7D: I was attracted by the higher ISO 100 IQ of the EOS 5D Mark II but did not want to spend $2,500 on a three-year old camera that was going to be replaced.

Since the 5D2 and 5D3 are said to be very close in IQ at low ISOs, I am wondering whether the 5D3 is worth the significant price leap while on the other hand I am wondering whether I would not miss an AF system, metering system, shutter reactivity of the 7D.

Is there anybody who eventually went for a cheaper 5D2 since the 5D3 was announced?

I have the following lenses: 10-22, 16-35L, 24-70L, 50/1.4, 70-200 F4L IS, 135L and 300 F4L IS.

Alain

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow