Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
riveredger
Contributing MemberPosts: 651Gear list
Like?
Re: It pays to profile ACR for the E-M5
In reply to gollywop, May 5, 2012

gollywop wrote:

JoeSchmoe wrote:

Sorry but I too cannot see much of a difference on my 27" iMac, my 24" Dell, or my iPad 3, and those are what I primarily use to view photos. Maybe I am missing something by not having any of those screens properly calibrated.

Yes, Joe, you are indeed missing something. And I fear it is more than just calibration. I just checked on my iPad 2, and I can see the difference perfectly and strongly, and the iPad 3 has even better color response than the iPad 2.

Since what's most apparent in this example has to do with the reds, if I might be so bold to suggest, you might have your color vision checked. But when you said you couldn't see it on your iPad 3, the suspicion is definitely raised. My son is red/green color blind; next time he comes over, I'll check with him to see what he sees on my main monitor, where the effect is very noticeable.

but then, I imagine, so is the vast majority of the photo-viewing public.

Yes, I fear you are correct, for one reason or another. When I view on my MacBook Pro monitor some of the things that I like so well on my main monitor, I find them to be a very disappointing, pale and anemic imitation.

take care, and good luck

-- hide signature --

gollywop

-----------

golly- with all due respect, several folks are saying they don't see much difference. The reason is - when viewed as a photograph, there isn't much of a change to the overall feel of your image. Sure, when you are looking for a slight change in the red/orange hues it is noticable, but frankly, it does not change the overall feel or tone of your image. The title of your thread may be the offender, since one would expect to see a more glaring change based on your dramatic title...

You are insulting anyone who doesn't agree with your, which is really classless.

riveredger's gear list:riveredger's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow