s100 indoor shots

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
keeponkeepingon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
Re: s100 indoor shots
In reply to jim_joh, May 5, 2012

jim_joh wrote:

Now I am really confused. Rather than finding fault with the camera I am going to have these settings in manual & then place it in custom mode so all I have to do is to turn the mode dial when I shoot inside. In my opinion this is a good feature to have. Am I missing something? thanks for the replies. jimjoh

Because 1/2 the time the fast ISO does not do what you need then you are forced into manual mode.

It's maxed at 1600 ISO. Just sitting here playing with fast ISO in a fairly well let room and I'm getting 1/20s a lot which is still too slow if anyone moves at all.

So the only way to get a good shot is to use flash or resort to manual but then you need to do some fiddling which with kids leads to missed shots.

So yeah we find fault with the camera. It has lots of faults (I miss a ton of picts while the S100 is making up its mind) but we put up with it because at the end of the day the S100 is just about as good as it gets for IQ etc in a pocketable camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow