I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cyclopedia Brown
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
Re: I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.
In reply to snapper1967, May 5, 2012

As an online seller I can sympathize with Amazon or anyone who would get a item returned used that was not actually new anymore due to a few shutter clicks or however else the item may have been used.

If I were Amazon, I simply would change my policy to state that no camera could be returned with more than 50 clicks. But how do you test that? That is the problem. This isn't a dress that your girlfriend wore that special night and tucked the tags in. It is a delicate piece of equipment, that like a car, will eventually need to go in for service. Many used camera sellers actually list items with the number of shutter actuations as a selling point.

Having a camera returned simply because someone wanted to have a trial run with it sucks from a sellers perspective. I dont care how much money Amazon has in their bank account. That isn't the point. If it were a mom and pop shop I doubt people would feel as comfortable making these kinds of trial run returns.

Simply stated... Buying a camera to test it out is probably morally wrong. Find a camera store with a display model to try, or an owner who wouldn't mind letting you shoot a few shots, or just rent it.

I know it's a new camera on the market, but a patient person should be able to handle waiting for reviews or display models, etc. There is no need to play the role of "early adopter" when you really aren't mentally built to handle not liking the camera. New Used cameras like the X-Pro1 can be listed as lightly used back on Amazon or Ebay or Craigslist and sell for maybe $50 less than the selling price (less than the price of a rental probably). And if it is difficult to get your hands on it may even increase in value. Resell it, but do not return it. That is my opinion...

-- hide signature --

Cyclopedia Creative Media
"Ideas that speak volumes"
Chi "Cyclopedia" Brown
http://CyclopediaCreativeMedia.com

Cyclopedia Brown's gear list:Cyclopedia Brown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow