Processing D3200 NEF Files

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Results....
In reply to JasonED, May 5, 2012

JasonED wrote:

Thanks very much for the files Yoshi and Mario should give you a million shines.

NP

The ISO 3200 file looks very good.

Unfortunately the ISO 100 (and 200) files when pushed to the equivalent output show noticeable vertical and horizontal banding the in the lower tones.

I noticed the banding as well. I wonder if the output would be any different when processing from ACR when it becomes available. That's a pretty heavy push so it should not ever be noticeable in normal photos.

In any case the base ISO output is very good and I am still on track for picking up a D3200 as a very cheap landscape camera!

I purchased the D3200 for exactly this reason. It's been a very long time since I've used a camera this small. The D3200 coupled with the 35mm f1.8 is tiny compared to my other bodies. It's so lite that you could forget your were holding it. I think I'm going to like using this body for casual shooting.

Also, the 18-55mm VR kit lens is better than I remember it being. I was going to keep it in the box but I was pleasantly surprised by the images that came out of that combo.

Images - processed deliberately 'flat' using Photivo

ISO 100 - pushed 5 stops

ISO 3200

These look pretty good considering the stretch.

-- hide signature --

The sky is blue and there is nothing we can do..

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow