My issue with Nikon and the "D400"...

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Sensor technology...Sony, Oly, Panasonic and Samsung
In reply to JimPearce, May 5, 2012

Nikon seems on the ball, even if they dont actually manufacture the sensors, with moving sensor tech ahead.

That said, looks to me like Canon does have issues, particularly with Sony, Oly, Panasonic and Samsung doing some fantastic work with their sonsors, witness the M4/3 recent releases which seem to test very well indeed, high MP's and low noise, not sure how the DR stacks up.

This has to shake up the amaetur market, particularly with the portability and the cheaper lenses at same focal length (even if they have not yet caught with with fast lenses yet).

A few 2.8 and f4's out there and M4/3 could give a real run to the older manufacturers, for the amateur dollar.

That is the simple market fact. M4/3 seems to have taken hold and once buyers have the assurance that it is here to stay (say with Oly and Panasonic), and lenses come, they will be a force to reckon with, the sensor technology is making that happen.

Nikon can defend itself, as per recent releases.

Can Canon? Can Pentax?

Personally, I think Pentax will be the first casualty.

The M4/3 now has what Pentax has won on up to now, high quality sensor, small package., but M43 is going places.

At least with Oly and Panasonic.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......'Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.”

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow