X-Pro1

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,054Gear list
Like?
Re: This is like the Irish knock-knock joke...
In reply to Hen3ry, May 5, 2012

Hallo.

I have a new xpro 1 with the 3 lenses, the flash EF20 (not efX 20 becouse i like to tilt it up) two kipon adapters: xpro---> nikon---> nikon mamiya 645

and a release button like this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/247075165/Soft_Release_Button_for_Leica_Nikon.html

I'm really in love with my new camera, she is like the desired toy of a child and she is the quintessence of "THE CAMERA", it is ugly and poor in front and beautiful at the same time.

The only thing that i don't like is the autofocus.

I use the af mode AREA to lock in the center the focus then I compose the shot and sometimes (a lot of time...) in low light condition I have AF error red message.

Using the MULTI focus mode, the camera is more reactive and focus is immediate and accurate BUT it is randomized in the full area of the screen so i lose the control of the picture composition.
So i wait for a firmware update as done for the little sister x100.

The camera is resistant but buttons ar made of plastic as the cover of the batteries.
I like metal.

The upgraded firmware works fine and the chatter noise is disappeard.

So for the moment i have no more to say only to shot. If you have question about this camera i will give answer if i can.

I come from a long past of analog camera (olympus om 2,3 etc then medium format mamiya 645 a lot of dia and use of the darkroom) this is ma first REAL digital camera (i used a few of compact camera with small sensor before nikon, sony, olympus). I was waiting this product because i think that the price for a leica and relative lenses is really offensive and out of logic (in my way of life, i'm not a professional photographer).

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow