Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
absentaneous
Regular MemberPosts: 413
Like?
I sent my Fuji back :-( part 2.
May 5, 2012

since the original thread which basically turned into a discussion on how one is supposed to understand the 30-day return policy amazon.com offers for stuff they sell reached the comments limit I just want to bring one final fact out that I think clears it all for those who obviously seem to be not just confused with what a moral conduct is but also with what the return policy stands for in the first place.

I actually bothered to send amazon.com a question about how do they understand this 30-day return policy and what is the person allowed to do specifically with a photo camera during this period. it seems they sent me some half automated response which in first part just tells the general stuff that you can return stuff when you are not satisfied etc. but their response ends with this:

"However, this doesn't means that you can use the camera for several times and the return for a refund. The item to be return must be in a new condition or else you'll be issued partial refund."

now, for those who might have a problem with understanding certain words, like several, here is the explanation from a dictionary:

a : more than one
b : more than two but fewer than many
c chiefly dialect : being a great many

I guess based on this it's not too hard to conclude that 420 clicks surely means several times. and I guess this also explains what they mean when they say: "These items must be in new condition with original packaging and accessories." it means it can't be used several times.

of course I guess at amazon.com they don't really have the time to check out how many clicks were performed on the camera but probably just inspect the camera on the outside to see if it was physically damaged but it's obvious that they don't want people to use their stuff for several times before returning it. so, if you do that you are clearly cheating them (no matter if you get caught or not). and cheating is immoral.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow