Some shallow DOF portraits please ? (preferably with NX100)

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Re: Some shallow DOF portraits please ? (preferably with NX100)
In reply to Marla2008, May 5, 2012

Kind of an odd post. You'll get the same DOF as with any other APS-c sensored cam.

You can get shallow DOF on a u4/3, but you have to use fast lenses. There's a thread running on I think the Olympus u4/3 forum right now about such a thing.

If you're coming off FF with fast lenses, you might not have as shallow bokeh, but you'll certainly get it on APS-c. There's also a thread on the Pentax SLR forum where someone compared the bokeh of the 5DII to a K5 with very fast lenses. It's worth a look.

Marla2008 wrote:

Hi

I'm lurking here as a Nikon/Panasonic m4/3 user looking to come back to an APS-C chip. I'm a portrait shooter and restricted DOF control of the small sensor drives me a bit mental despite the great lens line-up...

As an ex FF user (Canon 5D, D700), and mainly portait shooter, I'd love to see exemple of shallow DOF portraits taken with NX cameras, preferably NX100, as this is the body I'm considering getting to get an idea of how good the NX system is.

Mostly I'm attracted by the sleek interface (Samsung is very good at this) and lens line-up (Nex huge lenses are a complete deal breaker).

I love my Panny GX-1, and I do have the E-M5 on preorder, however, I don't see myself living with the small m4/3 sensor in the long run...
Thx to all

Marla.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow