Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JenniferRB
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Kind of scared to post this...7D focus problems
May 5, 2012

After seeing a bit of tension regarding the issues with the Canon 7D focusing, I'm sort of scared to post this, but here it goes.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a professional by any means. I'm a photo enthusiast. I've got some pricey equipment and I've taken lots of photography courses over the years but I'm not a pro.

I also want to mention that I got the 7D back in September before a mission trip to India using the Canon Loyalty program. In other words, my camera was refurbished.

Anyway, back to the problem...

Earlier this week I was asked by a friend, who is 'professional', to help her with a senior photoshoot. She was feeling very ill at the time and needed some extra assistance with shots. I was nearby, so I was happy to help.

After seeing some of the shots I got, I was once again reminded of how I'm just not impressed with the focus and sharpness of my shots. I've tried messing around with the 19 brackets, AF Servo and such but the results are the same. (These shots were taken with my 24-70mm 2.8 EF lens and my 50mm 1.8 lens.)

I'm including the ones that most caught my attention.

Am I being overly critical, or was I shooting with too low and f-stop? (LOVE shallow DOF!) What am I doing wrong?

Please don't bite my head off! Seriously not being a 'troll.' I just want clear and crisp pictures.

Thanks,
Jennifer

JenniferRB's gear list:JenniferRB's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow