Photoshop CS5 - Can actions be modified??

Started Dec 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
JJMacks
Forum ProPosts: 10,093Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoshop CS5 - Can actions be modified??
In reply to Uridavid, May 5, 2012

Uridavid wrote:

Good staff, 10X,

I could not find the way to edit the text that is in the action. if i double click it insert the text. i didn't find the script in the Adobe folder.

let's say i inserted "Uri David" watermark text and i want to change it to "Uri David 2012"
how can i do this?

With a document opened on Photoshop edit the action step that inserts the text. In the Action Palette expand the action fully so you can see and read all the steps in the action. Find the step that inserts the text like make text layer and highlight it then use the Actions Palette Fly-out menu and click on record again. You should then be in the text tool with the text recorded being shown but not committed. Edit the text and then commit the text tool. This should change that step. Highlight the action set and save the action set using the actions palette fly-out menu item save action

-- hide signature --

JJMack

JJMacks's gear list:JJMacks's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow