Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jan from UK
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
5D3 is extremely sharp!
May 5, 2012

Hello All ~ I attended a Music Festival here in Cumbria on Friday 4th May 2012. One of the featured artists was Hazel O'Connor of the film 'Breaking Glass' fame. She was born in 1955 her website says. My images were shot as she bounced about the stage under intense spotlights (aaarrgghh!). I shot in RAW and jpeg. I hurriedly checked the jpegs and apart from a little sharpening there was no other levels, colour balance or any other processing done to the jpeg images I used to downsize .. I used my 70-200 f2.8 IS USM Mk2.. Only after the act, I realised that with photos of women ~ it's maybe wise not to sharpen already SHARP images .. Bummer .. I'll have to try and soften when I redo them .. Bummer! This camera is brilliant. My plan to run a D800 in parrallel with my 5D3 is now out of the window .. It's 5D3 all of the way for me from now on .. Thank you Canon!

.. PS: Please look at the sky of that D800 sample pic of the house that's downloadable on the net .. The blue sky is horrible. My 5D2 & 5D3 skies are silky smooth .. not a trace of millions of teeeny blue pin pricks of a high pixel density sensor ~ A Canon win!
--
Jan F

Jan from UK's gear list:Jan from UK's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow