Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J D Wells
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Science Fiction?
May 5, 2012

This is my latest work from Valencia, Spain. All photographs were taken using the A77 and CZ 16-80mm. A few years ago I used the DSC-R1 as a reserve camera and remember an article from one of the "pro" magazines in which the writer said that live view was a passing phase that the rotating screen was never going to help create better pictures and the zebra highlight function was a gimmick. I knew then that he was talking rubbish and wondered how he was in such a job but wished that Sony could manufacture something comparable between the image quality and precision of the Canon 1DS Mark II (my then main body) while incorporating the design and feature set of the R1. Six years later I have my wish and more. I own several camera systems for different genres and clients but to use the A77 for personal projects the most due to its technology. The first photograph below titled Valencia is a sixteen shot panoramic which due to the complexity of the architecture made this a true nightmare for editing. It measures 1.05 GB and will print 265cm x 50cm at 300dpi without any interpolation. I have enjoyed reading several posts here in the Sony SLR Talk forum and wish to share in what I hope will give you equal pleasure. For anyone who may be interested my main body of work can be viewed on my website:

http://www.picturethispicturethat.com

Got to go now and read the latest "pro" reviews. Some guy has just written an article about how bad the A77 focus peaking is and that the rubbish EVF system will never...

Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow