Nikkor Ai-S 24mm f/2.8

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,263Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor Ai-S 24mm f/2.8
In reply to Jose Rocha, May 5, 2012

Jose Rocha wrote:

Hi folks, does anybody have this lens? I have the opportunity to get it used in superb condition for only €100. I asked the owner to send me some images from his D3 taken at several apertures, and by f/4 it's already very acceptable even in the corners and improves a lot overall by f/8.

I intend to use the lens mainly at f/8 on a D700. I'd like to ask you how do you like the IQ, including wide-open, and what about the feel of the lens (manual focusing, etc.) because I never had one in my hands.

I've had one for many years. It was quite poor on film and I find it quite poor on my D300. I hear it's OK on full-frame digital, possibly because you can fix the CA.

But it's far less sharp than my 16-85 or my 10-24. It gets usable at f/8 but that's really no recommendation. It is very small and well-made, though.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow